RAID 5

Terry Hickey thickey at rockies.net
Thu Jan 4 23:08:11 UTC 2007

Hi

I have been using Linux on my web servers since 1995. I started with
Slackware and then graduated to Redhat ending with my last build (current
server) Redhat 9 plus a *few* changes since it has been discontinued.
Anyways, time for a new server...

I have a Pentium D Dual Core server with 3 250 Gb SATA drives in a Hot
Swap Serial ATA Cage complete with "Intel Matrix v5.6.1002 ICH7R
wRAID5 and am trying to install Fedora 6 on it.

	When I try to install with RAID5 enabled I get an "exception
occurred..this is most likely a bug......" However if I change the to RAID1 it
all goes fine. Does anyone have a clue if I am dreaming getting this
working with RAID5? Do I need some drivers?

thanks in advance for your time, Terry