Source for Fedora kernels

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Jan 5 00:43:48 UTC 2007

Is there somewhere I can find the source used to build the kernel RPMs
available when updates occur? Not the naked source and hundreds of
patches, but the real source in /usr/src/kernels which seems to be what
interesting kernel features want? I really want to try KVM, having
decided that xen just isn't working on FC6 with selinux functional.

Trying to guess what patches were applied, in what order, and build
source and kernel from scratch is a long painful process I really don't
need. Moreover, it appears that the RPM kernl binaries are built with a
compiler other than the default gcc4.x or the "compat" gcc3.x.

I assume that the real source is available somewhere.

--
Bill Davidsen
   He was a full-time professional cat, not some moonlighting