Redhat vs. Oracle

Paul Osunero esiex3 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 01:47:44 UTC 2007

Tom Horsley wrote:
> Ah, but Oracle offering their own distribution and support will
> be a good thing. Why with Oracle's resources they will be
> able to close bugs with the status "upstream" in mere days
> instead of the weeks it takes Redhat :-).

http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=433

//

    /

    So what are the benefits of going with Oracle Enterprise Linux? At
    the moment, considering the weirdness we've had already with the
    bootloader screen, the applications menu and the Mozilla
    disappearing act, we'd strongly recommend waiting a few months to
    let Oracle iron out these bugs.

    /

Redhat's not that bad with bugs anyway, not in my experience at least...