How to change passphrase on gnome-keyring?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Fri Jan 5 02:30:56 UTC 2007

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, David Jansen wrote:

> Is it possible (and how!) to change the passphrase of an existing
> keyring in the gnome-keyring. The reason I want to do this: pam_keyring
> can unlock the keyring if the passwords are identical, and I wanted to
> start the new year with a frssh, secure new password.
> However, I cannot find the option to change the passphrase anywhere in
> gnome, gnome-keyring-manager, gconf etc (FC6 i386 system)

pam-keyring-tool is part of the pam_keyring RPM.

$ /usr/libexec/pam-keyring-tool --help
Usage:
   pam-keyring-tool [OPTION...]

Help Options:
   -?, --help            Show help options

Application Options:
   -u, --unlock          Unlock Keyring
   -g, --get-default     Get Default Keyring
   -s, --use-stdin       Use stdin for Password Prompt
   --keyring=name        Name of Keyring

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences