Dual boots (MS Windows and Fedora) with 3 hard disks (2nd post)

khemera lin lin.kh at wicam.com.kh
Tue Jan 2 09:26:43 UTC 2007

Dear All,

This is my second post. My first post was probably lost because of the
intermittent connection due to the earthquake in Taiwan.

I have googled around for a while but could not get any useful hints. I
have 3 hard drives (/dev/sda, /dev/sdb, /dev/hda), containing FC6,
Win2k3, and WinXP respectively. They 3 OS(es) were installed separately
on with each installation having a single hard disk on the PC. Now, i
have tried to put all the 3 hard disks together and modified the
grub.conf file as below:

################
default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title Fedora Core (2.6.18-1.2798.fc6)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 ro
root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb
quiet
        initrd /initrd-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6.img
title MS Windows 2003 Enterprise
        rootnoverify (hd1,0)
        map (hd0) (hd1)
        map (hd1) (hd0)
        makeactive
        chainloader +1
title MS Windows XP Professional
        rootnoverify (hd2,0)
        map (hd0) (hd2)
        map (hd2) (hd0)
        makeactive
        chainloader +1
################

And the device.map file as below:
################
# this device map was generated by anaconda
(hd0)     /dev/sda
(hd1)     /dev/sdb
(hd2)     /dev/hda

Now, at GRUB menu, if i select either "MS Windows 2003" or "MS Windows
XP", it would boot to "MS Windows 2003" only.

It works fine when i have only 2 hard disks. But when it comes to 3, all
seem to be messed up.

Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance.

Khem