A really good article on software usability

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.org.uk
Fri Jan 5 16:39:58 UTC 2007

Today Anne Wilson did spake thusly:

> I repeat - I want to make the decisions.  I do not want anyone else to make
> them for me.  If that makes me a control freak, so be it.  My disaster plan
> saved my company precisely because I'm a control freak.  You may choose to
> save a few seconds of your life, save yourself some effort several times a
> day and take risks that are unacceptable to me.  Fine.  You have a right to
> choose that.  Just do not make me do the same.

Agreed. As an example, for Les, if you're anything like me, think how many
times the fact you have to type "y" has saved you from accidentally rm ing
something?

Ever hit send in an email client only to notice something wrong with the
email as it whizzes off?

--
Scott van Looy - email:me at ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003