FC6 software update notification

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Sun Jan 7 00:10:07 UTC 2007

Gerhard Magnus wrote:
> After installing FC6 I noticed something resembling the return of the
> old Redhat software update icon on the panel.  Running the application
> worked fine the first time but I seem to have lost the icon somehow.
> What's this program called?  How do I get it back running in the
> background and notifying me about available updates?
>
> Thanks for the help!  --Jerry

run   system-config-services  from the command line and look for
"yum-updatesd".  If that service is running, you have nothing more to
do. My system alerts me periodically when updates are available.

--
~~ Richard L. England rlengland(at)verizon(dot)net

"The power of accurate observation is called cynicism by those who have
not got it." - G.B. Shaw