dual boot, lvm appearing as raw filesystem in XP

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jan 7 20:44:46 UTC 2007

Ian Malone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is really a Windows question, but I thought it more likely that
> someone here would know the answer:
> I've just upgraded the Windows half of my dual boot to XP Pro SP2
> (and am busy installing all the drivers for devices that FC6
> recognised).  One thing that's worrying me is that my LVM partition
> shows up as a drive containing 'raw filesystem'. I'm slightly
> concerned it could get clobbered by accident, does anyone know a
> way to hide it from Windows?

I wondered about the LVM showing but never tried to prevent it from
being visible. I am the only one using the computers where the raw
device shows up though.

Using hide in grub to hide the LVM from DOS/Windows might work as the
link below illustrates.

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#DOS_002fWindows

Jim

--
Of course you have a purpose -- to find a purpose.