Post FC6 upgrade SELinux problem

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Jan 8 17:04:57 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 08:54 -0500, Kirk Lowery wrote:
>> The problem is that getting my desktop machine back its original state
>> under FC5 after a fresh install of FC6 would be a huge effort.
>
> To be honest, backing up system and personal configurations, then
> re-instating them on a new system takes less time than doing an update
> and trying to resolve all the differences and problems that crop up
> between releases.

Sorry for the late response but I was doing an upgrade to FC6 from FC4
and I will agree.  A couple of the computer people here said they had
done it with no issues.  Boy, I shouldn't have listened to them.  Three
days later I was finally running.

Maybe it would be a good idea to create a document or script on how to
speed up the upgrade.  Such things as scripts to check and compare RPM's
installed and migrate configuration files to the new system.

I won't do an upgrade again.  A second HD for the new OS from now on.

--
Robin Laing