Installation Isuues - Screen Resolution Distorted on (Mostly Resolved)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 18:38:18 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 14:25 +0000, Paul Lockwood wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion. I was actually trying to keep away from
> VMWare and Virtual Server as these install as services, plus many
> other components.

VMWare server would install a service.

> The beauty of VirtualPC is that is just a program running and does not
> run all the time at bootup.

VMWare player would just run when you start it and has the guest console
tied to the same application.  However, it can't create new machines but
there are many pre-built images that you can download from
http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/
or you can install server long enough to create your machines, then
uninstall and run them with player.  Both are free downloads.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com