Mounting NTFS

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Jan 9 02:48:46 UTC 2007

John Bowden wrote:
> I have installed the ntfs-3g package. How do I mount my ntfs partition,
> I would like it to be permanently mounted with read and write access. I
> know the write access is still experimental but I don't plan to be
> editing any important windoz files.

You might add something like 'ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /mnt/xp' to rc.local and
it should be ready to go when the computer is ready after boot. I do
this for 'yum -y update' on a computer that I setup for novice computer
users and it works for that situation. ntfs-3g should work from the
script also.

Jim
--
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.