Problem with real player

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 13:30:19 UTC 2007

Anne Wilson wrote:

>On Wednesday 10 January 2007 11:57, Scott van Looy wrote:
>

>>Today Tim did spake thusly:

>>>There isn't any way to specify multiple options for a filename suffix?
>>>RPM isn't the only thing that could be handled in more than way.
>>>
>>>e.g. Display JPEGs in EOG, gThumb, edit in GIMP, etc...
>>>

>>Right click and do "open with" isn't it?
>>

>That's often possible, but you can't have multiple defaults, of course, and
>the system can't tell the difference between a package and an audio file in
>this context, I think.
>
>Anne

No, you can't have multiple /defaults./ But in GNOME Nautilus, you can
specify multiple /options./ That way, when it says, "Open with other
application," it specifies a variety of frequently-used options and
still allows you to select one of your own if it is not (yet) listed.

To /get/ it listed, I believe you can follow a right-click menu option
for changing, or at least broadening, the association.

Question: can RealPlayer at least open a file that you direct it to open
/from within RealPlayer?/

Temlakos