3rd button paste? -

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 10 15:49:26 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 06:55 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Since changing to FC6 I always have to press buttons one and two
> together to paste text.  Sometimnes my coordination is less than perfect
> and that leads to confusion.
>
> How do I make button three or four work to paste?
>
> System-config-mouse no longer does anything, not sure if that would
> help.  I looked through the gnome files but found nothing that allowed
> me to set this function.Section "InputDevice"

> I normally run xfce and have not gone through the gnome or kde menus ...
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Bob Goodwin

That is interesting that the mouse is not mentioned in xorg.conf. I
wonder what would happen if you added to that file with something like
this:
 Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Under every stone lurks a politician. -- Aristophanes
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net