beagled-helper is sucking all of the resources!

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jan 10 17:16:59 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 15:01:26 +0000,
  "Amadeus W. M." <amadeus84 at verizon.net> wrote:

> information of national interest on my pc, so why take up resources with
> things I don't need? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying selinux is a bad
> idea, it's good if you're a spy agency, or a bank, etc. Just having to
> disable it each time I install a new FC release is annoying. But I won't
> complain, it's a small price to pay.

Because if your machine gets compromised, you may have passwords to your bank
account stolen (if you do online banking), cleaning up after the intrusion
(assuming you ever notice it) will waste a lot of your time and your machine
may be used to send spam to the rest of us.

There aren't many problems with using the targeted policy these days and that
policy provides additional protection for the most exposed applications.