Has anyone seen a "lock up" occur on FC6 when running Firefox?

Maik Ihde mail at ihde.info
Thu Jan 11 07:50:22 UTC 2007

Richard England <rlengland <at> verizon.net> writes:

> Usually  I'm actively using firefox and suddenly no input capability.
> The entire keyboard is unresponsive as are the mouse keys, though I can
> move the cursor.  This means alt-tab, alt-f1, etc. are a no go.

Ah, so that's a bit different from my problem. My machine keeps locking up
totally, no keyboard, no mouse, nothing. I have seen some posts on
fedoraforum.org which describe the same situation.

I updated the System Bios on the IBM T23, which made some acpi error messages in
Syslog dissappear. I removed beryl & compiz since they would not run on this
hardware and I thought the lockups might relate to that. I also explicitly
installed the i686 Kernel as described on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/FC6Common

However nothing has worked so far. The machine keeps locking up. No Logfile
Entries, nothing. I have been using various Red Hat (beginning with 7.x) and
Fedora Core Versions but have not seen anything like that. :(

Kind Regards
Maik