FC6 logs me out every 10 minutes

Dan Hensley dan at dshensley.com
Thu Jan 11 16:34:40 UTC 2007

Last month I upgraded my FC4 system to FC6.  Everything went fine and
has been working smoothly since then, until today.  (Well, Evolution
doesn't work very well with IMAP, but that's a different subject.)

I have been doing a yum update each morning.  This morning the only
thing I updated was ginac.

Now about every 10 minutes FC6 logs me out.  It doesn't matter what I
have running.  I just tried logging in and not starting up anything, and
I had the same problem.

I am running Gnome.  Earlier, after the 3rd time it happened, I got some
kind of bonobo activation server error (3 or -3?), and the panel didn't
open.  So I rebooted and logged in and did nothing else, and I just got
booted again.

Any idea what's happening???

Dan