Preparing FC6 on ASUS A8N-VM CSM with nVidia chipset

Marco Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Fri Jan 12 10:20:35 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have been asked to upgrade with FC6 x86_64 a computer with an
ASUS A8N-VM CSM motherboard, with GeForce 6150 and nForce
430 chips for on board video, Ethernet and SATA controller.

If I understand correctly, I have to pass some special settings
and/or drivers from nVidia during, or immediately after
installation, in order to have full support for all the components
above.

May I ask you, before attempting the installation, to help me put
together a detailed list of all these things to do, in the right order?

Ie which drivers download before install from where, which options
to use for the kernel and/or during installation...

I'll post the final list and an install report here when I'm done, if needed.

Thank you in advance,
Marco