Disable suspend?

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Fri Jan 12 16:11:19 UTC 2007

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Mogens Kjaer wrote:
>> How do I disable suspend?
>>
>> Some users complain that they hit the suspend menu item
>> by accident, and their machines don't survive suspend/resume.
>>
>> They don't need the suspend/resume feature at all.
>>
>> I've tried modifying /etc/pam.d/pm-suspend so that
>> only root can do a suspend, but this is not enough,
>> it still restarts X.
>>

> There is a line in /etc/gconf/schemas/gnome-power-manager.schemas that says:
>
> "Allow Suspend and Hibernate in the menu"
>
> A few lines above that, it defines "true" as the default.

I changed it into false, the user has rebooted, and
logged in again. The menu item is still there and
is active.

Could this be the default setup for new users? Changing
it won't help users that already have a gnome profile.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk