Apache Web Server + Tomcat5 in FC6

Weiqi Gao weiqigao at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 17:26:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm upgrading my Pebble (http://pebble.sourceforge.com) based weblog
from FC3 to FC6.

My current setup on FC3 uses
  + The Apache httpd server from FC3
  + Sun JDK packaged per JPackage.org instructions (using nosrc.rpm, etc.)
  + Tomcat5 from JPackage.org
  + mod_jk from JPackage.org

On FC6 my plan is to use
  + The Apache httpd server from FC6
  + The Tomcat5 from FC6
  + Sun JDK packaged per JPackage.org instructions
  + ??? Something to front my Tomcat webapps through httpd.

My question for the Fedora folks is this:

  Since FC6 includes both Apache httpd and Tomcat5, is there an
"official" way of connecting the two?  I saw a
/etc/httpd/conf.d/proxy_ajp.conf file on my FC6 machine.  Is that the
way to go?

My question for the JPackage folks is this:

  In the unfortunate event that I don't get an answer that I can use
from the Fedora folks, can I use JPackage's version of Tomcat5 on FC6?
 And if I use JPackage's Tomcat5, can I still use mod_jk from
JPackage?  What is your recommended way of fronting my Tomcat webapps
through httpd?

TIA,
--
Weiqi Gao (高为奇)