RealPlayer 10 in FC6: Sound, But No Picture

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 19:12:00 UTC 2007

Mark Knoop wrote:
> On 13/01/07, Temlakos <temlakos at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What apps or other packages should I think of installing, to try to
>> resolve this last multimedia issue?
>
> Just symlink /usr/local/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.so into
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ or ~/.mozilla/plugins/ and they should play
> in firefox.

That symlink is already in place, and it's not broken, either. And yet
those videos still won't play in Firefox. I end up starting Realplay as
a standalone app.

Which brings me to another issue: why can't I add a new file extension
in order to tell Firefox to use a different plugin?

And why does Firefox use a "Windows Media Player Plug-in"? Or is that
something I got with the w32codecs package?

Temlakos