Can't mount DVD in DVD-ROM drive

Rob Brown-Bayliss uncertain.genius at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 04:17:11 UTC 2007

On 1/15/07, Mark Fraser (fedora) <fedora at mfraz.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm having trouble accessing a DVD-ROM drive from within KDE on FC6. My
> machine consists of one CD-RW drive and a DVD-ROM drive. If I put a CD in
> either drive, the disc is automatically mounted and an icon appears on the
> desktop, but if I put a DVD into the drive nothing happens.

I have been having a similar problem, which I think started when I
upgraded from FC5 to FC6, but can't be more than80% sure of that.

But for me, some DVD's will show up, and others wont.  The thing is if
a DVD gets mounted once, it will always get mounted, but if it does
not get mounted the first time I put it in the drive it well never get
mounted.

Hence my question, is it every DVD that fails or just some?

--
Rob