FC6: SCIM setup with Korean, how to change toggle key

François Patte francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Mon Jan 15 08:10:34 UTC 2007

Rob a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have installed FC6 with SCIM support for Korean
> hangul alphabet. This seems to work fine.
>
> Korean keyboards have a special key for switching
> the alphabet; it's the 'han/young' key next to the
> spacebar. Windows apps use this key for language
> switching.
>
> To make it easy for Windows users, I'd like to
> configure SCIM to also use that special key for
> switching, instead of its default 'alt-space'.
>
> With xev, I figured out that the keycode for this
> special 'han/young' key is 210.
>
> Can someone tell me how to tell SCIM to use that
> special key 210 for switching alphabet?

If you use Gnome, scim installs an icon in the gnome-panel: you can use
it for global configuration: it is not necessary to know the key code,
just edit the input method and change it only pressing the key you want
to use (after deleting the previous Ctrl-Space way).

If you don't have any icon, just call scim-setup from command line.

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique