How NSA access was built into Windows

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 12:21:22 UTC 2007

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On 1/15/07, David C. chipman <dchipman at ican.net> wrote:
>>         Hi Claude,
>>
>>                 Interesting email (rather conspiracy-theory-ish for my
>> taste, but anyway).
>
> You make that seem like a bad thing.
>
>> > So, my question is, if this is all true, then, what about Selinux?
>>
>> I have to ask you, though, because we have the code for SELinux, how
>> could they provide a back door? Later,
>
> Bury it deep in obfuscated core code that few will ever look at.
>

>>                         -David Chipman
>>
>> --

Just a minute. Does anyone here even know whether that original post is
authentic?

Has anyone checked with truthorfiction.com or snopes.com to see whether
this is a hoax?

"Hoax" is what it sounds like.

Right now, neither of those two sites has ever heard of this rumor. But
Claude, I suggest that since you received the original post, you should
submit it to both sites and have them start some serious fact-checking.

Won't we look stupid if we start jumping at the shadows of insubstantial
rumors!

Temlakos