How NSA access was built into Windows

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Mon Jan 15 15:27:23 UTC 2007

Temlakos <temlakos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Won't we look stupid if we start jumping at the shadows of insubstantial
> rumors!
>
> Temlakos
That usually isn't an issue for the conspiracy theory types.  Just to be
on the safe side, I'll also ask Elvis to verify it the next time he
drops by in his black helicopter.  We usually have plenty of time to
talk on his flights from Area 51 to the grassy knoll (he likes to walk
around a bit and the old, fake moon landing set back at Area 51 is a bit
desolate).

Hint: the more people involved in a secret conspiracy, the less likely
it is that the conspiracy will remain a secret.  Convoluted or
obfuscated code tends to *attract* attention in open source because it's
undesirable.  The main reason open source is stable and high quality is
that lots of people all look at and understand the code.  Sometimes they
do that to find and fix bugs; other time just for their own edification.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce