FC6: scim-tables-korean package has disappeared?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 16 06:49:36 UTC 2007

Jens Petersen:
>> Okay, I think you need fonts-chinese too then.

Rob:
> Good, I did that and it reduces the number of
> 'unidentified' rectangulars in the list of chinese
> characters, but still a few are still there.
> Apparently there's another character set missing...
> or what?

You could go and install *all* the foreign fonts, presuming that they
might want to browse websites from other places, as well.  I've done
that, despite being unable to read most of the languages that they
covered.  Pages do look better with the right characters rather than
little boxes with numbers in them.  And it might help you if you're
playing cut and paste with language translation engines.

I found a problem with the FC5 anaconda, that way.  If you pick all the
languages, it bombs out.  There's no Turkish font package on the discs
to match what it wants to install.  I didn't try the same thing with
FC6, so I don't know if that's still a problem.  I can't read Turkish, I
was just trying out installing FC5 with various different options.

I read messages from the public lists.