(no subject)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 17 14:52:36 UTC 2007

Mark Haney:
>>> If you are using the FC5 BIND package and being a newbie, I'm going to
>>> assume all this is what came with FC5, the default location for the
>>> files should be /var/named/chroot/etc/bind/.

Tim:
>> Not on my PC...
>>
>> BIND configuration files in:  /var/named/chroot/etc/
>> BIND master zone files in:  /var/named/chroot/var/named/
>> BIND slave zone files in:  /var/named/chroot/var/named/slaves/

Mark Haney:
> That's strange.  My system was installed on new hardware from the ground
> up as FC5.  I didn't change any of the locations, just threw the zone
> files wherever happened to be the spot the needed to be in, and the
> location above is what I got.
>
> Why is your different?  Did you upgrade yours from a previous FC version?

No, it was fresh install.  As were all my Fedora installations.

FC4 and FC6 are similar (regarding BIND), with some differences in
configuration files (FC6 adds other things than named.conf so that you
can make custom settings that survive package updates).

I've never seen one with a bind sub-directory like you've shown.

I read messages from the public lists.