New Login option no longer present in FC6

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 21:08:40 UTC 2007

FC4 had a System Tool called "New Login," at least in GNOME. (I don't
know whether KDE has, or had, that option.) It allowed a user having
multiple user accounts on the same machine to log in to another of his
accounts while /not/ logging /out/ of whatever account was running. In
that way, a user could quickly visit another account, where he kept
certain files, and still leave certain Firefox tabs open and return to
them later.

The current iteration of GNOME doesn't seem to have that option. Now, if
I want to check out another account, I have to quit all applications and
log out of the account that I am in.

Does any package exist to restore that option to my desktop?

Temlakos