Makefile:88: *** missing separator. Stop.

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Thu Jan 18 22:41:00 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 20:04 +0200, eng.waleed wrote:
> hi
> when I try to install perl module Archive::zip from source I have this
> error message
> Makefile:88: *** missing separator.  Stop.
> can any one help me with that
> br
HI, Eng,
	I cannot help much, but the error is pointing you to line 88, and a
separator would be some way of dividing a token, either a newline, a
comma "," , colon ":", or semi-colon ";" or other character to separate
tokens or commands.

Check the make file you attempted to run.  Generally the file called
"Makefile" in the directory where you have the files located.  Look at
line 88 and see if you can figure it out.  You may also need to check
the preceeding lines, incase it was a multiline command.

Regards,
Les H