Bind configuration

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 19 02:18:12 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 15:54 -0800, Norm wrote:
> I am not sure if my problem is more related to the box being so old
> and slow with a minimum of RAM, I thought I would scale the box back
> to either FC5 or give Ubuntu server a try I suspect that both have a
> lighter load on the box.

I don't recall you mentioning your specs, but I found BIND to have
minimal demands on my system.  Certainly, things like X and applications
that use it, demand more.

> where would I find the pertinent log files any I could find did not
> have an entry  that was related to the problem.

/var/log/messages usually has messages in it related to trying to start
up things like BIND.  You could grep the output to a file, and send that
to the list (you need to be root to read the messages log).

e.g. grep named /var/log/messages > /tmp/named.txt

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.