changing from gdm to kdm. How?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Jan 19 12:07:38 UTC 2007

Rob wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
>> Rob, if you use gnome I can't help, but in kde you
>> can control these things easily from kcontrol, by
>> a combination of settings in session manager and
>
> I have both Gnome and KDE completely installed
> (though myself I prefer to use XFCE as my personal
> desktop manager).
>
> Can you tell me what is the preferred Fedora-method
> to switch from gdm to kdm?
>
> I'm using FC6.
>
> Rob.

I would remove gdm which if installed would default to kdm. The proper
way would be to change an entry in some file which specifies which
manager to use. It was discussed awhile back but I cannot recall where
this file is located.

Jim

PS - Changed subject so someone knowledgeable about the file might be
able to help.