Spontaneous permission change?

Mike azmr at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 20 21:19:51 UTC 2007

All of a sudden most of the scripts in my bin directory under my home
directory are no longer executable or otherwise have permissions mangled.
I don't have any clue how this happened!?!?

I logged in this morning and used used one of the scripts that I use
frequently.  I went off to do other things, returned to the computer a few
hours later, tried to execute the same script and got 'permission denied'.
This is when I started investigating and found that permimssions were
changed.

I've been using these for many months and even years in some cases.  So I
doubt it's error in one of the scripts.  And so far have not found any
other files on the system with the same problem.

This is on core 5 and kernel 2.6.18-1.2257.fc5

Any thoughts?

-- Mike