freenode

Thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 10:22:16 UTC 2007

I came across a link that in early january freenode had an attack.  In any
event, my IRC has been buggered from approximately that time, give or take
a week.  It used to automagically connect to freenode.

My landlord is the network admin, I don't have access to my router.

I was able to connect with at least one server using xchat (I've only ever
used xchat).

Are there specific IRC ports which I need open?  If so, which ones and how
do I test their status? I went to wikipedia and the xchat FAQ, but so far
haven't figured this out.

any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Thufir