64 bit FC6 equal to FC32 in completeness

jlwallen at monkeypantz.net jlwallen at monkeypantz.net
Sun Jan 21 18:24:00 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----

From:  Bob Hartung <rwhart at mchsi.com>
Subj:  64 bit FC6 equal to FC32 in completeness
Date:  Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:23 pm
Size:  412 bytes
To:  Fedora List <fedora-list at redhat.com>

Hi all,
  I am reinstalling FC6 on a new MB and CPU.  Since I now
can use the 64
bit version I am wondering if the distro for the 64 bit
version of FC6
is as complete as the 32 bit version?  Will probably use the
KDE desktop
so that will need to be there also.

  Thanks in advance,

Bob

I just went through this same issue. After fighting for a couple of days with multimedia in 64 bit fc6 I wound up installing 32 bit instead.

No matter how hard I tried I could not get flash working nor could I get enlightenment installed.

Kde worked great though.  So if you can deal with the multimedia headaches...64 bit fc6 is in good shape.