changing from gdm to kdm. How?

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 05:41:12 UTC 2007

Fedora-method
oldman wrote:

>>Kurt
>
> This is what I assumed, that a person wanting to
make
> the switch from
> gdm to kdm probably was using KDE and that using the
> redirection switch
> from cat would reverse that decision (by deleting
the
> existing file and
> that using the concatenate switch would let him keep
> the KDE desktop.
> So How about it Rob is your problem fixed?

No not yet.
First of all, I use XFCE (so neither Gnome, nor KDE).
Upon X logout, I get the the confirmation screen
whether I really want to logout, but also buttons
to restart or shutdown the PC; the last part I want
to block for regular users, but that seems to be
nearly impossible in Fedora....

I hoped that the KDM login manager also has this for
logout, but that does not seem to be the case, unless
you use also KDE as the session manager.

I really have to disable the possibility that a
regular user accidentally shutsdown the system,
no matter what desktop manages he/she is using.
How can that be done in Fedora?

Thanks,
Rob.