Getting citicards to work with firefox (Was:: Getting Fox News to work with Firefox)

Douglas Phillipson phillipd at oem.doe.gov
Mon Jan 22 16:45:11 UTC 2007

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 07:51 -0700, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
>> Unfortunately, while I agree this is the fault of CNN and Fox
>> respectively, the bottom line is they are not willing to take
>> responsibility for it. Until they do, the "fault" falls to the Fedora
>> Project team and 3rd party repository owners to ensure that, when
>> these
>> extras are installed, they work for at least the most commonly visited
>> sites work as designed.
> Let us forget about news sites for a minute. firefox will not allow you
> to check the balance on your credit card by going to:
> www.citicards.com
>
> These things really have to be dealt with if Linux is to be a viable
> alternative to Windows.
> --

I found that when you hit citicards.com, as soon as the site comes up,
before it goes blank, you can hit the "Stop" button on the browser and
the site then works fine.  If you wait too long the site goes blank.
I'm not good enough to create a greasemonkey script to do this.  I
wonder if a Greasemonkey expert could assist here.

Doug P