Getting citicards to work with firefox (Was:: Getting Fox News to work with Firefox)

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 17:50:32 UTC 2007

oldman wrote:

> Douglas Phillipson wrote:
>
>> Aaron Konstam wrote:

>>> Let us forget about news sites for a minute. firefox will not allow you
>>> to check the balance on your credit card by going to:
>>> www.citicards.com
>>>
>>> These things really have to be dealt with if Linux is to be a viable
>>> alternative to Windows.
>>> --
>>>
>> I found that when you hit citicards.com, as soon as the site comes up,
>> before it goes blank, you can hit the "Stop" button on the browser and
>> the site then works fine.  If you wait too long the site goes blank. I'm
>> not good enough to create a greasemonkey script to do this.  I wonder if
>> a Greasemonkey expert could assist here.
>>
>> Doug P
>>

> 	Also right-clicking the blank screen, selecting PLAY frome the
> drop-down flash menu so that play is de-selected seems to work also.
>
> Is anyone using the flashplayer final for linux?  Maybe this would solve
> the problem or maybe Macromedia still has some work to do!
>
> Scott

I am using the flashplayer final.

But the only way that I could get picture and sound on Fox News Channel
was to use the greasemonkey plug-in and script. Ironically, that's
intended to strip out those annoying ads. What it actually does is to
get me back my picture, and even freeze the frame at the end of the
video so that I can select another one of my own choosing, instead of
having to wait for Fox to select it for me.

CNN is hopeless. Mplayer tries to load three times, and then stops.

Anyone have a greasemokey script for that? Maybe that will solve my problem.

Temlakos