Getting Fox News to work with Firefox

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Tue Jan 23 01:30:46 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 01:22, Rick Stevens wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 19:14 -0500, jim tate wrote:
> > Has Anyone tried Opera on Foxnews, I don't have it installed.
>
> It seems to work fine.

How have you got it working? According to the foxnews site you need either
flash later than 6.0, or wmp. I have flash 7.0.68 which is accessible from
Opera, and get sound from foxnews, but the Mplayerplugins, including the wmp
one that are in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins are not seen by Opera. I even moved
the wmp one to /usr/lib/opera/plugins, and it still cant find it.

I know I'm on dialup, but usually can get a few seconds of video just to prove
that these sites work ok.

Nigel.