FC6 - Yum Extender - --> [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 23 07:49:55 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 07:18 +0100, Philippe Lasfargues wrote:
> Since at least one week, I have this type of behavior to update FC6
> many
> times in a day.
> Have you information about this?
>

> I give the Yum Extender log:
>
> "GUI Setup Completted
> Détection de miroirs : le meilleur
> Version de Yum : 3.0.3 (/usr/share/yum-cli)
> [Yum] Loading "kernel-module" plugin
> [Yum] Loading "installonlyn" plugin
> [Yum] Loading "fedorakmod" plugin
> Echec téléchargeant
> http://www.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/fedora.redhat/linux/extras/6/i386/repodata/filelists.xml.gz:
>
>   --> [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
> Trying other mirror.

The mirror you're using is out of sync.  Which, I believe, refers to the
meta data about what it can provide compared with the packages that it
has.

Anyway, the problem is at their end.  All you can do is try another
mirror, or erase your cached meta data (yum clean metadata) and try
again.  Although your retry might strike the same problem.  It's a
common problem.

I think the mirror system needs some improvement so that meta data is
the *last* thing that they update in the mirrors.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.