Hibernate and 915resolution

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Tue Jan 23 11:53:59 UTC 2007

Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Hi, people
>
> I have a notebook with the intel 915GM video chipset. The recommended
> resolution for it is 1280x800. As this chipset does not provide this
> resolution in ROM, I have configured the system so that 915resolution is
> executed on every boot and everything is working fine.
> However, if I hibernate the machine, 915resolution is not executed the next
> time I power it on, and xorg is restored with the wrong resolution. To get
> things working again, I have to execute 915resolution manually and then
> restart X.
> Is there a way to solve this?

Maybe you can call 915resolution from /etc/pm/hooks ?

Create a script 19something, and when this is called
with thaw or resume, execute 915resolution

I assume that this script is called before 20video.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk