Disabling touchpad on laptop

Marcelo Magno T. Sales marcelo.sales at sefaz.pe.gov.br
Tue Jan 23 14:18:21 UTC 2007

Em Segunda 22 Janeiro 2007 07:01, Dotan Cohen escreveu:
> On 22/01/07, Matthew Saltzman <mjs at ces.clemson.edu> wrote:
> > >
> > > On ThinkPads I turn this off in the BIOS settings. Maybe you can do
> > > this on your Dell.
>
> That would not work as I must reenable it to mouse around. (What is
> the correct verb in English?)
>
> > You can use the gsynaptics or ksynaptics app to configure the touchpad in
> > GNOME or KDE (assuming it's Synaptics compatible).
>
> Thanks. I installed ksynaptics via yum, but how can I access it?
> Typing ksynaptics at the command line gives me a "command not found"
> error, and I don't see it anywhere in Kcontrol.

I don't have my notebook with me right now, but it's in KControl, under
Peripherals, I think. Ksynaptics is great, it can even disable the touchpad
automatically when you start typing and reenable it back right after you
stop. It also may be added to the systray so you can easily enable or disable
the touchpad manually if you want to.

[]'s
Marcelo