Measure system traffic -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Jan 23 15:19:21 UTC 2007

My ISP Wildblue limits me to 5 gig's upload and 17 down over a thirty
day period. For the last nine months this has not been a problem,
however last month they made a system change and said they were
measuring usage more accurately.  Now we are running perilously close to
the limits for the last thirty days and I'm not certain why.

We have four computers [FC6, Mac, and W2k] running on the wireless LAN
which appears as eth0 to my computer. The system is comprised of the
satellite receiver/modem, a Netgear wireless router, and some Linksys
wireless bridges and/or adapters.  Can someone tell me how I can track
usage and determine how much each user is consuming?

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin    Zuni, Virginia