help with kernel patch - speakup

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Jan 23 23:40:18 UTC 2007

Jim Cornette wrote:
> Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
>> Hello!
>> Is there a person who is experienced with kernel patching?
>>
>> I would like you to try and patch in speakup in the fedora core 6
>> kernel, and see if you sucsess because I haven't done it.
>>
>> it is at
>> http://www.linux-speakup.org
>>
>> Also, why won't the kernel that ships with fedora core6 recompile? I
>> only get errors.
>>
>> /Kristoffer
>>

> I went to the site and Janina pointed out this link in the archives. She
> used to post here on occasion.
>
> http://speech.braille.uwo.ca/pipermail/speakup/2007-January/041431.html
>
> and the link to where you might get a kernel for FC6 compiled with speakup.
> ftp://mirror.services.wisc.edu/mirrors/linux/distributions/speakup/disks/fedora/4/RPMS/
>

> I hope this helps a bit.
> Jim

Here is one for Fedora 6.

ftp://mirror.services.wisc.edu/mirrors/linux/distributions/speakup/disks/fedora/6/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS

Regarding compiling the kernel for Fedora, I'm not sure. I mostly use
the upstream versions if I want a kernel other than the default.

Jim

--
The less a statesman amounts to, the more he loves the flag.
		-- Kin Hubbard