yumex upchucks, messy.

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Thu Jan 25 16:55:38 UTC 2007

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> Persuant to my font problems I thought I'd run yumex and see if I had any
> oddballs installed, but:
>
> Component: yumex
> Version: 1.2.2
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/yumex/yumexmain.py", line 1108, in ?
>     mainApp = YumexMainApplication()
>   File "/usr/share/yumex/yumexmain.py", line 541, in __init__
>     self.setup_yum()
>   File "/usr/share/yumex/yumexmain.py", line 992, in setup_yum
>     if self._runBackground( self.yumexbase.load_repo_data, rload ):
>   File "/usr/share/yumex/yumexmain.py", line 1045, in _runBackground
>     raise self.backgroundThread.exception
> CompsException

This is not likely to be a local problem with your system but rather a
symptom of the busted comps.xml file that snuck into the repo last
night.

See https://bugzilla.redhat.com/224292 .  This should be resolved as
soon as the mirrors all sync up and get the fixs comps.xml files

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief
in freedom itself.
    -- Milton Friedman