Kmail offline

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Thu Jan 25 18:18:52 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 12:37 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 25 January 2007 12:07, Dmitriy Kropivnitskiy wrote:
> >Ric Moore wrote:
> >> Just re-enable SELinux and nothing will work, problem solved.
> >> <chuckles>
> >
> >I have SELinux in enforcing mode and I don't have any problems. What am
> > I doing wrong? :)
>
> Obviously you are not _using_ your computer then.  No smiley is intended
> here either.  I suppose I could get by with a stripped install with an
> email and a web browser, but this machine is a _working_ machine, so
> there is a lot of other stuff its doing, some of which never heard of
> selinux, ever.  Like heyu, kino, hell the list goes on forever it seems.
----
I'm not sure where you get off saying that he is not using his computer.

Perhaps he doesn't use his computer with SELinux off, GUI as root,
build/compile software as root or do many of the things that you do to
circumvent security conventions but I wouldn't recommend your patterns
of usage as a model to be followed.

I don't use heyu or kino but I do have SELinux activated on virtually
every system that I use because that is the only way I can learn to live
with it....and *** I use my computer *** In fact, I have 8 desktops
presently running 7 different applications and a number of shell windows
too of which none belong to root.

SELinux is not a big deal and hope that if (or perhaps when) the time
comes that it would prove useful to me, it will save my backside.

Craig