Cannot start laptop - Grub prompt

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 07:56:09 UTC 2007

On 26/01/07, Tony Nelson <tonynelson at georgeanelson.com> wrote:
> >Thanks, I will google that. I had only googled Dell Laptop Media
> >Button and variations thereof. I did not know that it is called
> >MediaDirect.
>
> You said and I googled:
>
> At 12:20 AM +0200 1/21/07, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >Not that before I booted I played with the laptop's MediaDirect
> >feature, and I suspect that it ruined grub. Or more. What can I
> >do/check? Thanks.

Interesting. I guess that it did enter my knowledge through reading
about it, and I didn't even realize it. At the time that I started
googleing, however, I didn't know that was it's name. It's not printed
anywhere on the machine, only the button marked simply "Media".

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/internet_explorer.html
http://datip.com