calendar command missing

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Sun Jan 28 15:53:11 UTC 2007

On Sunday 28 January 2007 13:55, Scott Evans wrote:

> No, I do have cal, but calendar is a separate command, that reads a
> calendar file in the user's home directory and spits out any dates it finds
> in the file as events of the day.  So if I had calendar file that had a
> line like:
>
> Meeting on 1/28/2007 at Joe's house,
>
> when invoked, the calendar command would spit the line back out on 1/27 and
> 1/28, as calendar events for "tomorrow" (when invoked on 1/27) and "today"
> (when invoked on 1/28).

Excuse me please everybody for posting the graphic to the mailing list.

I have written a little application like this for myself. With mine you have
to edit the calendar file with a text editor, but you can also specify a
number of days advance warning for any event. I auto start it by placing a
link to application in ~/.kde/Autostart with the name of the calendar file as
the parameter.

I don't have a web site at this time so anybody who wants it please email me
off list. Source code is also available of course.

Dave Fletcher

--
Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763