[Fedora] FC6 not connecting

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Jan 29 20:59:47 UTC 2007

Beartooth wrote:
> So I took out the CD and tried again. It still kept telling me device eth0
> "seems not to be present." I configured an eth1; trying to activate that
> got the same result.
    Does the install actually see the physical nic?  Could it possibly
be loading the wrong driver for it?  Before you go into software hunting
mode, I always check hardware drivers first, make sure they're there and
are correct.  I'd check /var/log/dmesg see what it says regarding the card.

    And not to burst your bubble, but I just installed FC6 on a
relatively old machine that has 3 Intel nics in it (one dual and one
single.)  Just a breeze...configured all three, rebooted and there they
were.  I'm running updates right now.  By golly, I'll be going home
early today.

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6