[Fedora] Re: RPM Updates

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Jan 29 22:57:05 UTC 2007

Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Sorry.  Looks like that should have been
> rpm -Uvh elfutils*

    Arrr Matey.  That worked.

> I don't think
> there is really any problem using rpm to do this install once you have
> all the needed packages at hand, but it's certainly far easier to use
> yum.  :)

    My problem with yum is that I can never get it to work properly with
a local repository and other (remote) ones.  It always complained about
one thing or another, where I can stoke a fire under RPM and off it
goes.  I'm sure it's all in the configuration but I've never been able
to figure out exactly what the problem is (or was.)

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6