DVD choppy

Edward Dekkers edward at tdcs.com.au
Tue Jan 30 03:05:55 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> Todd Zullinger:
>>> I believe not having DMA enabled on the dvd drive can cause this.  On
>>> my Dell I have hdc=noprobe in the kernel parameters in grub.conf.
>>> That seems to be enough to keep the drive working nicely.
>

> Dotan Cohen:
>> No, still choppy. Unless I added it wrong:
>
> Obvious question:  Is /dev/hdc your DVD ROM-drive?

You'd think this particular line from his output:

scsi 1:0:0:0: CD-ROM            TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632D DE03 PQ: 0
ANSI: 5

And:

sr 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0

Would mean his DVD-RW drive is actually sr0 right?

Would this mean the line you guys gave him for his grub boot is even valid?

Or am I misreading things (as per usual).

Regards,
Ed.