kernel BUG at lib/kernel_lock.c:83! - 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6

dexter ddmbox2 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 06:46:07 UTC 2007

On Tue January 30 2007 02:16, Albert Graham wrote:
> Alan wrote:
> > But only Nvidia have the source code to both parts so they can actually
> > debug it. Nobody else can. It's simply the way things work currently.
>
> *Exactly! yet another useless comment.*
>
> Guys, Nvidia have closed source drivers which will NEVER be open

not until market dictates never say never :-)

> sourced, they're a milti-billions $ company, so you can shout all you
> like, things are never going to change, however, at least they actively
> maintain (with good will) closed source drivers which is a lot more than
> most other hardware companies do.

I couldn't give a nats chuff what nvidia do with their milty-billions $ they
certainly don't spend it on linux driver devel go look at tests done at
phoronix.net compare what these cards can do in M$ to Linux.

> In my post I was hoping you guys would "see past" the fact that the
> kernel was tainted and just look at the "actual message", maybe someone
> else was seeing the same thing?, but instead every bloody one of you
> jumped on the NVidia bandwagon , well whoppee!  you're all great! for
> pointing this out, well done.

One thing to say here, You don't seem to get that a tainted kernel adds a
massive layer of unpredictability to all but nvidia. (not sure they know) :-)

> I had no reason to create a bugzilla report because, firstly I could not
> reproduce it and actually don't know what caused it, however the link I
> provided in my was interested because it appears to be the same bug
> which "should" have been fixed 3 years ago. Also, I wanted to create a
> reference point in time and content so if someone at a later date

I followed the link u posted and I have to say your bug has nothing to do with
what the original poster was reporting at lkml. Just coincidence you both
hung out at the same place. :-)  The poster was also given a successfull
patch later problem solved.

> started seeing this problem some of the info I provided would be somehow
> useful however that penny never dropped for the tainted among us. - I
> assume you goes use google right?
>
> Like I said in my second post, if you can't be constructive why bother
> telling me how to suck eggs!

"constructive comment " if I'm getting upto 5 lock-ups a day I'm going to be
banging hell out of someones bugzilla until answers start commin out. tainted
kernels are completely useless around here along with that phony bug report
you posted but you knew that anyway. :-)

...dex
Thanks For Comming ...